Keynsham Properties Limited are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will handle personal data.
Types of information that we collect
We typically collect some, or all, of the following types of information dependent on the service that we are supplying:-
- Current addresses
- Date of birth
- Previous addresses
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Current residential status
- Marital status
- Next of kin details
- Employment details
- Estate agent details
- Accountant details
- Solicitor details
- Mortgage lender details
- Mortgage broker details
- Verification documents (such as, but necessarily not limited to)
- Passports Drivers licence
- Bank statements
- Credit card statements
- Proof of deposit
- Self-employed accounts
- Insurance documentation
- IP addresses
Methods of Collection
Keynsham Properties Limited will only collect information that is relevant to the services that we offer. It is collected from:
- The data subject
- Spouse/partner/family member
- ‘Trusted’ sources such as: Government/land registers
- Financial institutions (banks, lenders, brokers)
- Law firms
- Estate agents
- Third parties to which our customers have given their consent to disclose information about themselves.
This information will be collected verbally, through:
- Our standard forms
- The internet
- Telephone conversations.
Certain information can be collected through automated means such as website cookies. This can include:
- Technical information such as
- IP Addresses
- Browser details
- Operating systems
- Device type used to access the internet
- Information about the visit
- Query string
- Clickstreams to and from the website
- Pages viewed
- Pages searched for
- Date, time and length of visit
- Search terms used
Purpose of collection
We use the information collected for the following purposes:
- The provision of Keynsham Properties Limited agency services
- The assessment of applications for services provided by Keynsham Properties Limited
- Prevention and management of fraud or money laundering risks
- To ensure the security of business processes, networks etc.
- Processing payments, accounting and auditing
- The creation and management of accounts that our customers might have with Keynsham Properties Limited and the associated authentication id and passwords
- The compilation of business directories to include business contact information
- Evaluation of applicants interest in employment opportunities offered by Keynsham Properties Limited
- To comply with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
Keynsham Properties Limited comply with regulations concerning anti-money laundering. Under these regulations we are required to confirm the identity of any persons entering into a business relationship with Keynsham Properties Limited. A business relationship is established with buyers, purchasers or their agents. As a minimum, two separate identification documents are required as primary proof of ID and a secondary proof of address.
Examples of each type of document are:
Primary Documents (proof of ID)
- Valid passport
- Valid full UK photo drivers licence
- Valid full non-photo drivers licence
- Valid EU/EEA/Switzerland photo drivers licence
- Valid EU/EEA/Switzerland national identity card
- Valid UK armed forces ID card
Secondary Documents (proof of home address)
- Valid full UK photo drivers licence
- Valid full non-photo drivers licence
- Local Authority council tax bill (dated within the previous 12 months)
- UK bank or building society statements (issued within the last 6 months)
- UK mortgage statement (issued within the last 12 months)
- Utility Bill (not mobile phone) issued within the last 3 months
In certain circumstances, we will employ third party electronic verification for purposes of identity verification. We will not, however, employ this facility without the explicit consent of the subject in question.
Lawful basis for processing
Keynsham Properties Limited process personal information under the following:
- Performance of a contract
- Legal obligation: where there is a legal requirement to do so
- Legitimate Interest: where information is processed as part of a legitimate interest to include
- Fraud risk
- Due Diligence
- Network and information security
- Web analytics
- Updating customer details
- Consent: where we have clear and explicit consent from the data subject.
Sharing our customers information
We do not sell or disclose any personal information except as described in this Privacy Notice or as indicated in the consent process at the time.
- We share certain information with:
- Regulatory bodies such as
- Land Registry
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Tenant Deposit Protection Scheme agencies
- Our insurers and/or professional advisers as necessary to maintain insurance cover, obtain professional advice or to manage risk and legal disputes
- Prospective employers
- Letting reference agencies
- Contractors or sub-contractors as is reasonably necessary to manage the security and/or to maintain the physical condition of our client’s property
- To third parties where necessary with our legal obligation to protect our client’s, or others, vital and contractual interests.
- To service providers who need to know the information in order to provide us or our clients with a product or service, including surveyors where our clients or their mortgage providers require a homebuyers or structural survey to be carried out, their conveyancer and mortgage or insurance advisers.
How long do we keep out customers information
Keynsham Properties Limited keeps information for a reasonable time in order to perform the purposes listed above.
We generally keep personal information for 7 years after the completion of transaction.
Rights and choices
Our customers can opt out of having their personal information collected automatically by using the cookie consent tool on our website.
Our customers have the right to:
- See what personal information has been collected and is held by Keynsham Properties Limited
- Request to have any information updated or inaccuracies amended
- Request to have information deleted or anonymised
Our customers can manage their communication preferences either:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contacting Keynsham Properties Limited as indicated below
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Authentication – to identify you
- Status – to determine if you are logged into our website
- Personalisation – to store information about your preferences
- Security – cookies are used as an element of the security measures used to protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website and services generally
- Analysis – to help us analyse the use and performance of the website
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
How to contact us
If you wish to access or update information or preferences that you have provided to us, or if you wish to make a complaint about the way that Keynsham Properties Limited handles your data you can:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Write to us at Elm Farm, Burnett, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 2TF